How to Improve Your Health
and Avoid Depression
Shared by Dr. Travis Downs
“Change the way you look at things and the things you look at change.” A great quote by Wayne Dyer about how to stay positive and keep any negative thoughts and depression down. With this said knowing how to think positive when depressed can feel impossible. Negative emotions are a natural (and very important) part of life and not something you should beat yourself up about. The quicker we can change those negative thoughts to a positive the healthier our minds are going to be and that will also make our bodies healthier. Remember that as you think so shall you be, so the better our mental health the healthier and less stress it will be on our bodies.
The research is clear that positive mindset will help improve depression, stress, anxiety and improve your quality of life.
- “The results of co-variance analysis showed that the positive thinking training effected on reducing of depression, stress and anxiety and increasing quality of life.”
- “Therefore, in regard to effectiveness of positive thinking training on reducing of depression, stress and anxiety and increasing quality of life, it is recommended for Juvenile delinquent trainers to use of the positive thinking training for increasing quality of life and reducing of depression, stress and anxiety in these juveniles.”
However, sometimes when your depressed (or down) Everyone tells you to “cheer up” and to “look at the bright side”. Although, when you feel like you’re wading through mental fog and battling just to stay afloat, this is a lot easier said than done. So, try these tips and tricks to help you get out of that funk and get back to enjoying life!
- Challenge negative thoughts for improved mindset
- Make your bed to help your mindset in the morning
- Set goals to motivate you
- Be grateful for 3 things everyday
- Make a positive affirmation every morning and repeat it
- Work out
- Surround yourself with positive people + enforce boundaries
The Effect of Positive Thinking Training on Quality of Life, Depression, Stress and Anxiety in Delinquent Juveniles
Z Nikmanesh 1 M Zandvakili 2
When you are looking for a Chiropractor near you who you can trust, choose one who will not only get rid of your back pain, neck pain, or headaches but who will also guide you to living a healthier lifestyle to keep you out of pain. Our Doctors in Dallas, located near the corner of Mockingbird Ln. and Abrams Rd., will teach you what the research says about how and why we should eat a better diet, move more and have more positive thoughts to avoid depression.